September 14, 2015

dream in black

 Hello dear friends! 
Today I'm sharing my first project as a ColourArte DT member. I’m so excited to be in this amazing team and can’t wait to share more projects with you!

 It's the fourth page of my black journal of quotes. I just can't have enough of this dark and mysterious background - still haven’t made the cover yet.

I chose this time to use the word ‘dream’ as a favorite word and thing to do. I wanted to keep it simple and focus on this word, so I decided to use only one more chipboard piece, gold thread, shiny flakes, gesso and of course a lot of colors! Using only such material helps also to keep my journal flat, which is very important to me.

So, here are the ColourArte supplies I used:

Chipboard pieces: The first thing I did was to paint  the word ‘dream’ with the Solar Gold silk. I put quite a few coats of color in order to get a thick and shiny result. I also painted with the same color the other chipboard piece Then I glued them on the page.


Background: Next thing to do was to use the Radiant Rain Mists, in order to create a beautiful colorful background. I sprayed with all the colors here and there and left the Pewter as the last to spray with – I really love this color!!! Then I made a lot of splashes with the silks to give an even  more shine and glaze look and the two Primary Elements colors for texture. I really love how all these amazing and different types of colors blend together and create such an amazing look on black surface.

Last thing to do was to make some splashes with the white gesso and glue the tread and the shinny flakes. That’s all!


I hope you got some ideas on how to use your ColourArte supplies on black surface.
Have a lovely crafty day!



4 comments :

  1. I am loving your creations in this awesome back journal. The black reminds me of deep space and the colors you add remind me of stars in the solar system. Each page has been beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an achievement so original! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Очень красиво! Настоящий Космос!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, I have a black journal but have been afraid to put anything in it - this so inspiring! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much :*